Q) When are the Driver’s Examiners at Stanton County Courthouse?
A) Every Other Wednesday 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 and 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.

Q) Does a Handgun Purchase Certificate allow me to carry a concealed firearm?
A) NO. A Handgun Purchase Certificate allows the purchase, lease, rent or transfer of firearms.

Q) How much does a Handgun Purchase Certificate cost?
A) The cost of the Handgun Purchase Certificate is $5.00 in the Sheriff’s Office. This fee is set by State statute. Picture identification is required at the time of application. There is a mandatory 72-hour waiting period during which time a record check will be performed.

Q) How old do I need to be to apply for a Handgun Purchase Certificate?
A) You must be 21 years of age at the time of application.

Q) How do I get a copy of the State Driver’s Accident Report Form?
A) CLICK HERE for a printable copy of the form.

Q) I purchased a new vehicle and it has an out-of-state title. Do I need to get it inspected prior to getting license plates?
A) Yes. You must bring your title and vehicle during the office hours of 8:30 A.M. and 4:30 P.M. to have it inspected.

Q) How much does it cost to have a title inspection done on my vehicle?
A) There is a $10.00 title inspection fee.

Q) What vehicles need inspected?
A) Any vehicle or motorcycle with an out-of-state title, any vehicle with a Salvage Certificate of Title, dump trucks, grain trailers, assembled trailers, livestock trailers & tractors that are not pro-rated, semi-trailers, boat trailers if pulled by a truck or a non-pro-rated tractor.

Q) What vehicles are exempt from vehicle inspections?
A) When application is being made for a Salvage title or a Non-Transferable title; vehicles with a Nebraska Certificate of Title, a Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin, a US Government Certificate Title, or a (duly licensed) Dealer’s Inspection Exemption Certificate; vehicles registered through the Nebraska DMV Motor Carriers Division; cabin trailers, pop-up trailers, mobile homes, travel trailers, camping trailers, pro-rated tractors (non-motorized.)

Q) Who is required to wear seat belts in the front seat of a passenger vehicle?
A) Driver and front seat passenger(s) are required to wear seat belts.

Q) Who is required to wear seat belts in the back seat of a passenger vehicle?
A) Children up to age six must ride correctly secured in a federally approved child safety seat. Children ages 6 up to age 18 must ride secured in a safety belt or child safety seat.

Q) How many points can I get on my drivers license?
A) In Nebraska, points are accumulated on your driver’s license for violations. You may not accumulate more then 2 points if you possess a provisional operator’s license (POP). You may not accumulate 6 or more points during a one year period of time if you are under the age of 21. If you are 21 years of age or older, accumulating 12 points in a two-year period causes automatic revocation of the operator’s license for six months.

Q) How many points accumulate for a speeding violation?
A) Points are assessed for speeding to the basis of miles per hour over the posted speed limit and the type of road:

1 thru 5 MPH……..1 Point
6 thru 10 MPH……2 Points
11+ MPH…………..3 Points
Highway/County Roads
1 thru 10 MPH……..1 Point
11 thru 15 MPH……2 Points
16+ MPH…………….3 Points

Violate child restraint 1 point
Refuse PBT 1 point
Negligent driving 3 points
Careless driving 4 points
Reckless driving 5 points
Willful, reckless 6 points
DWI (alcohol or drugs) 6 points
Failure to report accident within 12 hrs. 8 points
3rd Offense DWI 12 points

Q) How long will the points stay on my driver’s license?
A) The points will stay on your driver’s license for 2 years from the date of the violation.

Q) Will it affect my Nebraska Driver’s License if I get a ticket for a traffic violation in another state?
A) Yes, just the same as if the violation was in Nebraska.